In 2016 there was so much new technology and data available to businesses, there has never been a more exciting time to be in the marketing industry heading into 2017.
Sometimes it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. So, whilst we continue to develop and find new innovative ways to share your message, we always need to keep focussed on our target user. This may sound incredibly difficult in this rapidly changing business landscape, but here’s a little secret – technology will never stop evolving, yet fundamentally people really do not change. Of course we want more experiences, more devices, and more touchpoints — but in the end our needs are the same.
Need proof? Below we highlight some key trends of 2016:
76% of people feel that marketing has changed more in the past 2 years than in the previous 50.
75% of organisations say in-person events are an effective tactic.
-Content Marketing Institute, 2015.
Personalised marketing delivers 31 % greater profits compared to general marketing materials.
-Smithers Pia 2016.
As in past years, we have sat down with our strategy team and compiled a list of 5 marketing trends to look out for in 2017.
- Better content – only the best content will survive.
- Personalise everything – make it a priority to be personal.
- Automate your marketing – 91% of marketing heavy weights will invest in better automation software.
- Experiment with visual storytelling – infographics, printed literature, video and signage all tell your brand’s story.
- A print resurgence – we expect big brands to launch print magazines in 2017 moving away from the ‘digital clutter’.
What major trends did we miss or do you expect to see in 2017? Let us know!
Stay on top of your marketing and speak with our Team today.